Fresh baked goods must meet high quality standards. Speed is essential to ensure that the rolls are available to the retailer in large quantities, high quality and defined quantities within a short period of time.
Together with the University of Applied Sciences West Coast (FHW), ISW has developed a real-time image processing system that meets all requirements. A line camera mounted above the conveyor belt records and sorts the rolls using image processing algorithms so that they can be grouped and counted for subsequent packaging.
Illumination is crucial here, because only a high-contrast image can ensure that the sorting process functions flawlessly. More than 100,000 rolls pass through the optical and thus contact-free quality control every hour.
In addition to the criteria of speed and detection reliability, compliance with hygienic standards, variability in terms of product variety and, of course, costs also play a role.
A comprehensive task which, however, offers a promising solution through modern image processing. ISW offers the complete solution in cooperation with a machine manufacturer.
- All tests in the production flow, i.e. no stopping of the products necessary
- High resolution line scan camera to check details
- Product count
- Geometry check
Image Processing Hardware
- 1 x line scan camera (2048 pixels, Gigabit Ethernet)
- 2 x homogeneous LED Light fields
- High Accuracy Lens
Industrial Touch Terminal
15″ TFT Industrial Terminal
- stainless steel front
- resistive Touchscreen
- 15″ Display resolution 1024 x 768 pixel
- CPU Intel Core 2 Duo 2x 2.2GHz
- 2GB DDR2 RAM
- 2GB CF card for the operating system
- 160GB HDD 2,5″ 24/7 SATA
- 8GB CF-Card in removable frame
- Protection class IP65 front
- Temperature range 5°C to 50°C
- Interfaces PC + I/0 box
- 52 digital, I/Os, 24V
- 2x Ethernet (TCP / IP)
- 1x RS422
supply voltage 230 VAC / 50Hz
Signal voltage 24 VDC
Air pressure 6 bar
Image Processing Software
- Internal development
- Customized surface
- Access levels locked by password protection